Scorching Summers of Arizona
scorching summersEven if you are new to the Valley, you know Arizona is known for its scorching summers and blistering heatwaves. With temperatures soaring well above 100 degrees Fahrenheit, it’s crucial to take proper precautions and ensure your well-being during these extreme weather conditions. Here are some tips to help you survive the heatwave in Arizona.
- Stay Hydrated: Drink plenty of water throughout the day and avoid sugary or dehydrating beverages. Carry a water bottle with you and make sure to drink even if you don’t feel thirsty.
- Seek Air-Conditioned Environments: Spend time in air-conditioned spaces like malls or libraries to escape the heat. If you don’t have air conditioning at home, visit public places during the hottest hours.
- Dress Appropriately: Wear lightweight, loose-fitting, and breathable clothing made from natural fabrics. Opt for light colors to reflect sunlight, and don’t forget a wide-brimmed hat and sunglasses for added protection.
- Limit Outdoor Activities: Minimize your time outdoors, especially during peak heat hours between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. Schedule activities for cooler parts of the day and apply high SPF sunscreen when going outside.
- Take Breaks and Rest: Heatwaves can be physically exhausting, so take frequent breaks and rest. Avoid overexertion and find a shady spot to recover if you feel tired or experience symptoms like dizziness or nausea.
Remember to stay informed about heat advisories, check on vulnerable individuals, and utilize cooling techniques to lower your body temperature. By following these key points, you can better navigate the extreme heat and ensure your well-being during Arizona’s scorching summers and blistering heatwaves.
If you are looking to venture out, here’s a link to the coolest summer cities in Arizona:
And if you are looking for cooler auto and home insurance rates, give us a call for a complimentary review of your insurance plan!